Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day 3

So today we had breakfast and did street evangelism, which was an awesome experience!  I shared the gospel through a translator with quite a few people and got to even invite them to church.  The first guy I shared with was a D.J. and he kind of thought the situation was humorous and he was too cool, but he talked to me anyway.  After I left and we were still in the area, he started playing all this trashy American music really loud and found it funny, so we just smiled and waved at him.  Dr. Evers got to meet the local dentist and share the gospel with him, and we found out that to get a gold crown on your tooth here costs about $200, as opposed to $1000 at his office:)  We also saw motorcycles on sale for $72!  Crazy.  When we were street witnessing, I also got to talk to this girl who was 16 like myself, and she said she was going to come to the youth service tonight and bring her sister.  That was exciting, so pray for her that God will work in her life!  Also, I am giving my testimony tonight, so pray that that goes well and that God will be able to use me to connect with the youth there tonight.  Things are coming along with building the sanctuary, and also keep J.T. in your prayers because he hurt his ankle playing basketball.  He can walk on it, but it's still kind of painful.  I've been trying to get pictures on here for you, but the connection with Internet is so bad, they're not loading, so if all else fails, I'll post them when we get home.  But I have taken a ton, and hopefully you'll enjoy them eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment