Monday, March 5, 2012

First Post-- thanks to all!

First off, let me begin this blog by saying that none of this would be possible without God making it happen.  Our church is taking a short-term mission trip to Chalchuapa, El Salvador, and we're leaving this Thursday!  It seems so crazy that everything I've been praying about for so long is about to actually happen, and I know God was behind it the whole way.  First of all, He has provided for me financially.  The trip cost $1,500, and that was the biggest obstacle for me for the longest time.  I knew I'd saved my money from lifeguarding this past summer, but I didn't have enough after paying for multiple things since.  I still had most of my money, but not enough.  I talked about going with my parents and prayed about it, and finally felt that it was God's will when I got their blessing to go.... if I could raise the money.  So I sent out prayer and financial support letters to just about everyone whose address I could find, whether I knew them very well or not.  God truly does provide; within a couple of months, I had enough money sent in plus more that we could use to buy an oven for the people of Chalchuapa.  The reason I wanted to set up this blog was to be able to share my experience, both through text, pictures, and videos, to all of those who helped to spread God's kingdom in this unique way.  I am extremely thankful to all of you, and pray that God blesses you all for all of your support.  The plan is for me to get to post something for you on here every day I am on the mission field so that you can be praying for me and the team specifically in accordance to what is going on.

We already have answered prayer!  Matt Greco, who is leading the mission trip, ended up being able to take his whole family along.  The reason they couldn't go before was because they weren't going to be able to take Gracie, his youngest daughter, along, but they ended up getting enough money.  So you can imagine the shock when they got Gabe's passport (Matt's son) but Gracie's didn't come in.  When they asked the people about it, they said her name hadn't even gotten in the system!  After the whole team plus multiple others praying for them, I received an email today saying that it had miraculously came in!  Isn't God good?  He has been answering prayers all along the way leading up to the trip, and we know He will continue to do so once we arrive.  Pray that God will show up and show off:)

Thank you all for your continual prayer, and I'll try to post updates as much as I can:)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kensey! I tried to send a note last night but I am not the smartest person at computers and I couldn't get it to go through. I am so excited for you and very thankful this worked out for you to go. I am sure you will have many stories when you get home. Take care and know we are praying for you and miss you very much!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete